Skip to main content

IELTS writing vocabulary

 Sure! Along with the common vocabulary words, here are some phrases and expressions that may be helpful for the


IELTS exam:


**Expressing Opinion:**

- In my opinion...

- From my perspective...

- It seems to me that...

- I believe that...

- Personally, I think...


**Agreeing:**

- I agree with...

- Absolutely!

- That's true.

- I couldn't agree more.

- You're right.


**Disagreeing:**

- I'm afraid I disagree.

- I see your point, but...

- I'm not sure I agree with that.

- I have a different opinion.

- I'm inclined to disagree because...


**Giving Examples:**

- For example...

- Such as...

- To illustrate...

- Let's take [X] as an example.

- Consider [Y], for instance.


**Contrasting Ideas:**

- On the other hand...

- However...

- Nevertheless...

- Conversely...

- Despite this...


**Emphasizing:**

- Indeed...

- It's worth noting that...

- It's important to emphasize...

- What's crucial is...

- It cannot be overstated that...


**Describing Trends:**

- There has been a significant increase/decrease in...

- A notable trend is...

- It is evident that...

- Over the past few years/months...

- The data shows that...


**Describing Cause and Effect:**

- As a result...

- Consequently...

- Due to...

- Therefore...

- This leads to...


**Summarizing:**

- In summary...

- To sum up...

- All in all...

- Overall...

- To conclude...


Remember to use these phrases appropriately in your writing and speaking tasks to enhance your communication skills during the IELTS exam.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PTE Reading Fill in the Blanks: Complete Guide to Score Maximum Marks

  PTE Reading Fill in the Blanks is one of the most important tasks in the entire PTE Academic exam . It appears twice — once as Reading & Writing Fill in the Blanks (R&W FIB) and once as Reading Fill in the Blanks (R FIB). Together, these two tasks carry more marks than almost any other Reading task type. Most candidates treat them as vocabulary tests. That is a mistake. They are grammar, collocation, and context tests — and once you understand what they are actually testing, your accuracy improves fast. This guide gives you a complete, deep-dive strategy for both FIB task types — with examples, rules, and a step-by-step approach for every blank. Understanding the Two FIB Task Types Before strategies, know the difference between the two tasks: Reading & Writing Fill in the Blanks (R&W FIB) Each blank has a dropdown menu with four word options You select the correct word from the dropdown Scored on both Reading and Writing — double impact on your score...

Download Cambridge IELTS Book 19 PDF with Audio (Latest Edition 2025)

  Download Cambridge IELTS Book 19 PDF with Audio (Latest Edition 2025) Download Cambridge IELTS 19 PDF with audio for free. Prepare for the IELTS exam with authentic practice tests from Cambridge University Press. Updated for 2025. Cambridge IELTS Book 19 PDF Free Download (With Audio) – Latest Edition 2025 If you’re serious about scoring high on the IELTS exam , then the Cambridge IELTS series is your best companion. The latest addition to this series – Cambridge IELTS Book 19 – is finally here! In this blog post, you’ll get: ✅ Direct link to download the Cambridge IELTS 19 PDF with audio ✅ Overview of the book's contents ✅ Why this book is essential for your IELTS preparation ✅ How to use it effectively for a Band 7, 8, or 9 score 📌 What is Cambridge IELTS Book 19? Cambridge IELTS 19 is part of the official IELTS test preparation series developed by Cambridge University Press in collaboration with Cambridge English Language Assessment – the co-owner of IELTS. This book...